Notice of Your Financial Privacy Rights
We, our, and us, when used in this notice, mean Seaport Federal Credit Union. This is our privacy notice for our members. When we use the words "you" and "your" we mean the following of members: All of our consumer members who have a continuing relationship with us, such as:
- Deposit account
- Loan account
- Credit card
- Automobile lease we service
- Retail installment contract we hold and service
- Self-directed Individual Retirement Account where we act as custodian or trustee
- Financial, investment, or economic advisory services (for a fee)
- Home mortgage brokerage
- All former customers
We will tell you the sources for nonpublic personal information we collect on our members. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information.
We first define some terms.
- Nonpublic personal information means information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directions or government records.
- An affiliate is a company we own or control
- A nonaffiliated third party is a company that is not an affiliate of ours.
The Information That We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive about your applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties
- Information from consumer reporting agency
The Confidentiality, Security and Integrity of Your Non Public Personal Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Nonpublic Personal Information and Other Parties
We do not disclose your nonpublic personal information to anyone, except as permitted by law or as disclosed in this brochure.
Nonpublic Personal Information and Former Members
If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive member, we will follow the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
Authorized Sharing- Joint Marketing
We may disclose the following information to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
Nonpublic personal information we receive from you on an application or other forms, such as
You do not have the a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information
We do not share this information about members who reside in Alabama, Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota, or Vermont.
We do not share any information derived from deposit relationships with us about customers who reside in Massachusetts, Mississippi, or New Jersey. Nor will our branches or offices located in such states share this information with other parties. If you only have a deposit relationship with us and you either reside in such state, you do not need to opt out.
Types of Business
Here are the types of business with whom we may disclose nonpublic personal information under this section:
Financial service providers, such as